News & Advice
Here are our top tips to help your card machine(s) stay connected to ensure a smooth return should your business temporarily cease trading due to Coronavirus restrictions.
- Make sure you have completed an end of day banking/reconciliation print before closing the business to ensure your totals agree.
- Leave the card machine on to allow downloads to be completed and to avoid potential power issues when you return.
- Ensure your internet is left connected if the card machine uses your Wi-Fi or broadband, and ensure the premises are secure if the card machine is left on business premises.
- Don’t have the telephone line on divert if the terminal is using the telephone line to connect, and ensure the premises are secure if the card machine is left on business premises.
- Keep a note of your supervisor code(s) so you don’t need to have them reset when you return.
- Check your card machine a few days before reopening where possible, to ensure you won’t experience any delays.
- Check back here at help.worldpay.com/advice for any new updates.
- Use our guidance on cleaning your equipment, found here