Guidelines for the proper cleaning of Ingenico Card Machines are as follows:
• Ingenico recommends using a soft cloth very slightly impregnated with soapy water to clean the outside of the terminal.
• It is recommended to use cloth pre impregnated for a better control of the quantity of liquid applied on the device. An excessive application of liquid may generate some functional problems.
• Hydroalcoholic solution can only be used when on a pre-impregnated cloth.
• Some hydroalcoholic solution may include isopropyl alcohol. It can be used on every part of the device if isopropyl alcohol concentration is below 20%.
• Do not clean the electrical connections.
• Do not spray, pour or coat any liquid, disinfectant or cleaners directly on the card machine.
• The list might not be limited to the following chemical agents, but do not use solvents, bleach, hydrogen peroxide, thinner, trichloroethylene, or ketone-based solvents, Ether, Thymol based agent, detergents or abrasive products as they may damage the plastic or electrical contacts.
• Alcohol cleaning solutions (isopropyl solution 70%) cannot be used on the plastic display lenses.
• Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage.
• Do not get moisture into any openings nor use aerosol sprays.
• Do not put anything into the slot of the smart card reader.
Visit our accessory website, worldpayaccessories.com for cleaning kits and more.