Before you get started with setting up and installing your new Desktop terminal you will need to make sure that you have a number of things to hand:
- Your Merchant ID number (also know as your Customer ID number or MID). This is the 8-digit number that you will find on any correspondence you have received from Worldpay.
- Your Terminal and Power cable.
- Ethernet and/or telephone line cable.
- Telephone or IP broadband connection.
- Power connection.
Did you know...
Your Merchant ID is the 8-digit number that can be found on any communication you will have received from Worldpay.
Set up your Terminal
Before beginning your installation process you will need to make sure that your terminal is setup.
1) Plug the Ethernet cable into the back of your router and plug the other end into your base unit.
Plug the Telephone line into the wall socket.
We recommend you use both connection methods if available to you.
2) Connect the other end of either the Ethernet cable or the Telephone lead into the connector as shown below. The power supply should already be connected to your terminal's base. If not, connect and then plug the other end into your mains supply.
Your terminal's hardware and network connection should now be set up and you can move onto the installation process.
Installing your terminal
Once you have correctly setup your terminal's hardware you will need to run through the follow steps to finalise installation.
1) Firstly your terminal will ask you to select your connection method and will offer two options:
- Local network is for Ethernet or IP broadband connections.
- PPP should be selected for standard telephone line connections.
Select the appropriate option based on your connection method using the terminal arrow keys. Once selected press the green ENTER button to continue.
2) For Local Network connections your terminal will prompt you to connect the Ethernet cable, once done press the green ENTER button.
If you choose PPP your terminal will prompt you to connect the telephone line, once done press the green ENTER button. Your terminal will also ask you to confirm if you have call waiting or 1571.
3) Your terminal will now prompt you to select your region, using the terminal’s arrow keys select the relevant option from the displayed list.
- GBR – Any merchants based in Great Britain.
- GIB – Any merchants based in Gibraltar.
- IRL – Any Merchants based in Ireland.
4) Next, you'll be asked to enter your 8-digit Merchant Number (also known as your Customer Number, Merchant ID or MID). You will find this on any correspondence you have received from Worldpay.
Once you have keyed in your Merchant Number press the green ENTER button.
5) Your terminal will now automatically begin the installation and download of its software, this can take a few minutes. Do not interrupt this process.
6) Once your terminal has finished installing you will be prompted to create a unique 4-digit supervisor code which will be needed to authorise certain functions, for example refunds. To create you supervisor code enter your chosen 4-digit code and press the green ENTER button, re-enter your code and press the green ENTER button to confirm.
7) Once you've successfully installed your terminal it will dial out and print a test receipt showing you all the card types you can accept. If this receipt shows any cards under "Cards not accepted" you will need to call Wolrdpay Customer Support.
8) Your Desktop Terminal will now display the READY screen and you are ready to start taking card payments. To make a sale simply enter the amount and follow the onscreen instructions.
Once setup and installed please make sure that your terminal is connected and powered on at all times so that any software and security updates can be received by your terminal, ensuring it remains fully compliant with payment regulations.