The process of setting up and installing your Worldpay Bluetooth Terminal has deliberately been designed to be quick and simple. Before you get started you will need:
- Your Merchant ID number (also know as your Customer ID number or MID). This is the 8-digit number that you will find on any correspondence you have received from Worldpay.
- Your Terminal and Power cable.
- Ethernet and/or telephone line cable.
- An IP broadband or telephone connection.
- Power connection
Did you know...
Your Merchant ID is the 8-digit number that can be found on any communication you will have received from Worldpay.
Set up your terminal
Firstly you will need to setup your terminal. To do this connect the base unit to the power supply and place the terminal on the base unit, allowing at least 2 hours for your terminal charge or until the battery icon shows it is fully charged.
You will also need to connect your Ethernet or telephone connection to your terminal base.
- IP enabled portable terminal - Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into your router and the other into your Terminal’s base.
- Standard telephone line – Plug one end of the telephone line into the wall socket and the other into your Terminal’s base.
N.B. The choice of network connection is entirely up to you, your terminal will work equally well with each connection type.
Install your terminal
Once setup you can begin the installation process, to complete this you will need to complete a number of steps:
For each of the following steps the corresponding screens your terminal will display at each stage of the process can be viewed at the bottom of the page.
1) Firstly, remove your terminal from the base and then replace. The terminal screen should light up when reconnected, press the green ENTER button to confirm and continue.
2) Your terminal will now prompt you to select your connection method and will offer two options:
- Local network is for Ethernet or IP broadband connections.
- PPP should be selected for standard telephone line connections.
Select the appropriate option based on your connection method using the terminal arrow keys. Once selected press the green ENTER button to continue.
For Local Network connections your terminal will prompt you to connect the Ethernet cable, once done press the green ENTER button.
If you choose PPP your terminal will prompt you to connect the telephone line, once done press the green ENTER button. Your terminal will also ask you to confirm if you have call waiting or 1571.
Your terminal will now prompt you to select your region, using the terminal’s arrow keys select the relevant option from the displayed list.
- GBR – Any merchants based in Great Britain.
- GIB – Any merchants based in Gibraltar.
- IRL – Any Merchants based in Ireland.
Once you have selected the correct option press the green ENTER button.
3) You will now be prompted to enter your Merchant ID number (sometimes referred to as Customer ID number or MID). This is an 8-digit number that you can find on any Worldpay correspondence. Key this in and press the green ENTER button.
4) Once your terminal has updated you will be prompted to create a unique 4-digit supervisor code which will be needed to authorise certain functions, for example refunds. To create you supervisor code enter your chosen 4-digit code and press the green ENTER button, re-enter your code and press the green ENTER button to confirm.
5) Once you have successfully installed your Bluetooth Terminal the READY screen will be displayed. You are now ready to start taking card payments. To make a sale simply enter the amount and follow the onscreen instructions.
Once setup and installed please make sure that your terminal is connected and powered on at all times so that any software and security updates can be received by your terminal, ensuring it remains fully compliant with payment regulations.