Before you can begin the set up of your new Worldpay Wi-Fi Terminal you will need the following pieces of hardware and information:
- Your Merchant ID number (also know as your Customer ID number or MID). This is an 8-digit number that you can find on any Worldpay correspondence you have received.
- Your Wi-Fi login credentials: Password and/or login details (depending on your network)
- Your Terminal and Power cable.
- Power connection.
Did you know...
Your Merchant ID is the 8-digit number that can be found on any communication you will have received from Worldpay.
Set up your Wi-Fi terminal
Before you can begin the installation process you will need to set up your terminal. To do this, either connect the power supply to your terminal base and set the terminal onto the base, alternatively connect the power to your handset via the USB cable provided. Once you have done this please wait for your terminal to charge for at least 2 hours of until the battery icon shows it is fully charged.
Installing your Wi-Fi Terminal
Once your terminal is fully charged you can begin the installation process, to complete this you will need to complete a number of steps:
For each of the following steps the corresponding screens your terminal will display at each stage of the process can be viewed at the bottom of the page.
- From the Terminal Installation screen press the green ENTER button to begin your installation.
- To launch the Wi-Fi setup process select "Wi-Fi Setup" using the keypad's arrow keys to scroll. Once highlighted press the green ENTER button.
- All Wi-Fi connections are setup on your terminal as Profiles. Select "Profiles" from the Wi-Fi setup menu and press the green ENTER button.
- You will need to create a new profile for fist time setup. Select "New Profile" from the Profiles menu and press the green ENTER button.
- You can choose to scan for your network or to enter your network name manually. Select either "Automatic Scan" or "Manual Connection" and press the green ENTER button.
If you selected automatic scan choose your network from the list of available networks. Select your network from the list and press the green ENTER button.
- You will now be prompted to select your security type. If you choose home security select WPA/WPA2 and press the green ENTER button. You will now be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi password, once you've done this press the green ENTER button.
If your Wi-Fi is handled by part of a larger network you will need to select Enterprise Security. The process for setting up an Enterprise Security connection is detailed here.
Your terminal should now be connected to your chosen Wi-Fi network. In order to finalise your installation you will need to reboot your terminal. To do this, press the red CANCEL button 3 times and your terminal will restart.
Once your terminal has rebooted you will be prompted to enter your Merchant ID number (MID). This is the 8 digit number that can be found on any correspondence you receive from Worldpay. Enter this and press the green ENTER button.
The final step in setting up your terminal is to create a unique 4-digit supervisor code which will be needed to authorise certain functions, for example refunds. To create your supervisor code enter your chosen 4-digit code and press the green ENTER button, re-enter your code and press the green ENTER button to confirm.
Once you have successfully installed your Wi-Fi Terminal the READY screen will be displayed. You are now ready to start taking card payments. To make a sale simply enter the amount and follow the onscreen instructions.
Once setup and installed please make sure that your terminal is connected and powered on at all times so that any software and security updates can be received by your terminal, ensuring it remains fully compliant with payment regulations.